This article outlines how to use the Data Sets module.
- What are Data Sets?
- How to create a feature?
- How to add a feature to a page?
1) What is are Data Sets?
Data Sets are features that can be added to a page under the Advanced Settings tab. The features on a page will depend on the layout chosen.
All features can be found under the naming convention DATASETS to differentiate them from items such as banner images or galleries that may also be added to a page.
Every feature & each of it's categories has a unique ID.
2) How to Create a Feature?
Before a feature can be added to a page, it must first be created under the Data Sets module.
- Go to Modules > Data Sets
- To create a new feature, select Add New Data Set.
A blue tick indicates that a feature is public. You can toggle public on/off by click on the blue tick. It will turn into a red X to indicate the feature is no longer public and will not appear on the front end of the website.
Every feature can be broken down into Categories. Each category will have one or more items. It is useful as you can create one feature with multiple categories to display on different pages.
For example, the Room Features feature is broken down into two categories: The Village and Rooms Default. Each of these categories have different items added to them, so while the layout of the feature is the same, the content will be different.
- To create a new category:-
- Select Add Category
- Enter a Title
- The newly name category will appear under 'Categories'
To create a new item:-
- Select Add New Item and complete the required fields as below:
- Title: Title of the Item (for internal use)
- Category: Select category the item should belong to
- CTA text: Text to display on the CTA button
- Link: URL to link to CTA button
- Image: Image to display on the front end
3) How to Add a Feature to a Page?
- Select the page
- Go to Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to DATASETS
- Select feature (e.g Featured Carousel)
- Select category (e.g All or Default)
- Submit Changes