This article will outline tips & best practices for website site speed:-
- Third Party Widgets
- Interactive Maps
- Health Check
- Max 2-4 images per banner
- Auto scroll
- Reduce the amount of images on the page
- Background images and watermarks can weight a page down
- Compress images prior to uploading them
- Do not autoplay videos - include a play button so the visitor interacts with it if they wish.
- Do not embed videos - link to YouTube instead.
- If embedding a video, ensure it is compressed.
- Do not have too many videos on one page, if there are multiple ensure that only one plays at a time for good user experience.
3) Third Party Widgets
- Chat widgets slows down a site
- Avoid weather widgets, sticky social icons.
- Avoid social media feeds unless they have a dedicated page
4) Interactive Maps
- Have a static map on homepage and interactive on location page
- Do not have a map on mobile homepage.
5) Health Check
- Check your site speed by using any of the following tools:-