We are often asked what hotels should be doing to optimise an organic search.
To help you get better at SEO, here are some Do's and Don'ts of SEO:-
• Create new content / pages in line with our recommendations and your own marketing strategy
• Add/Edit Alt Tag on images which are uploaded to the CMS
• Update seasonal content. Best practice would be to reuse previous content which already has search authority.
• Internal link building: Link content between relevant pages on your site
• External Link building: Build back links into your website from relevant companies who add value to your own offering. Fewer good links is better than lots of poor links.
• Review your online search presence of other sites / portfolios referencing your hotel – Manage and update any profiles you have online to best reflect your current service offering. E.g. wedding sites, local tourism sites, family sites etc
• Manage your Google my Business profile, ensure images are up to date & content is relevant and reviews are managed and responded to.
• Do not copy content from other sources / plagiarise content. Google will penalise you for this.
• Do not have the same content on other travel sites such as TripAdvisor / Booking.com. Keep the best content for your own website and create new content for these sites.
• Do not create content just to have content on your website; your content should be relevant and appeal to your market personas.
Remember: You must notify Net Affinity when new content has been added to the site, otherwise this may not be picked up until we run a full audit on the site.