- Make sure that your opening hours are up to date.
- Revise your basic information content, imagery and contact us information to ensure it is all correct
- If users/customers have asked any questions in the Q&A section, please make sure to answer their questions as quickly as possible.
- Similarly, if users/customers have left any reviews on your GMB profile please ensure to respond to them promptly, take notes, and address any issues that may be highlighted from them.
- Spot check some dates in the Hotel Ads section. Are the OTA’s showing rates for dates where your property is closed? If yes, contact them to close out allocations.
Why is it crucial to do this:
Google My Business is a tool that allows you to manage how your business shows up on Google Search and Google Maps, making it much easier for customers to find information about your Hotel online. The information listed includes hours of operation, directions, and contact information. If you want to be found online in a local search, it’s essential that your Hotel is listed under GMB. Ensure that your Google Page is up-to-date with the correct information and optimized for the best results, which can make a big difference in not only website traffic, but actual visits as well. GMB encourages both online and offline success for your business/Hotel. Having the correct name, address, phone number, as well as a review strategy, photos, company description, and Google Posts can lead to a more rich search result and help gain your exposure on Google Search.
Once you’ve updated your Google My Business, this will avoid any future miscommunications with your customers and reduce potential complaints. Having an updated GMB is a great way to keep your guest informed.