Consider the following:
- Update your content with relevant information and contact us details
- Ensure your wording is inclusive to LGBTQ+ weddings and not focused on the traditional bride & groom terms only
- Ensure your wedding imagery is also inclusive to LGBTQ+ weddings
- Create a weddings testimonials page - reviews are the best way to showcase your business to support decision making. Couples are likely to base their final booking decisions on recommendations and reviews. Reach out to previous couples and ask their permission for an image and review for this page.
- Imagery is very important, creating a wedding gallery of real weddings will enhance the profile of your wedding venue.
- Consider investing in virtual tour software to add to your website
- Check all brochures and PDFs to ensure the links are not broken and the files are up to date
- Ensure your enquiry forms are easily navigated & short to encourage completion
Once you have reviewed and updated your website content, ensure you have a social media strategy in place, where you can post organically on a consistent basis across multiple platforms.
Social Media Organic Content
Promote wedding posts organically through your Social Media platforms so that people will keep you in mind as a wedding venue. Here are the things you should consider when posting:
- Testimonials / reviews from couples
- Wedding imagery – promote the type of spaces you have
- Food imagery – discuss the various catering options you provide
- Drinks imagery - what speciality cocktails can you create? Champagne?
- Can you use imagery from previous couples? If you get permission to use an image from their wedding photographer this would be great.
- Instagram – create a story highlights section for ‘weddings’ and add to this regularly
- Facebook – upload wedding images to a wedding album
- YouTube - Create a dedicated YouTube channel for your property and upload video content. This content can then be shared across other social media platforms
- Pinterest - Create a Pinterest account and begin to create Pins to showcase your property as a wedding venue and become a bookmark of interest for those thinking about their dream wedding day
- Post virtual tours of the venue